Federal Employer ID Number

If you are planning on changing your business structure and already have an FEIN, you may need to get a new one if the business organization or ownership of your business changes. If you incorporate a sole proprietorship or form a partnership, you must get a new FEIN. However, do not apply for a new FEIN if:


You change only the name of your business

A partnership or corporation declares bankruptcy

A corporation chooses to be taxed as an S corporation

You elected on Form 8832 Entity Classification Election, to change the way the entity is taxed

You change the business location or add locations

You elect to be taxed as an S corporation

QuickBooks ProAdvisor Logo


Villa Builders, Inc

Lin Kahmer of Superior Bookkeeping Services has been taking care of all of our bookkeeping needs since June of 2003. She handles our payables, accounts receivable, weekly payroll and processes that involve complicated bookkeeping—such as payroll tax filing, unemployment filing, and end of year closing. These processes run more efficiently for us with Lin’s knowledgeable help. She is highly competent about every bookkeeping task imaginable.

User login